The government of the United Kingdom provides ultimate visa routes to the non-EU citizens to study, work and settle in the country. However, among all those visa routes Self-Sponsored visa in UK is one of the best ways to enter the United Kingdom without any restrictions. In this article, we have mentioned the UK self-sponsored visa and how it differs from other types of visas. Here you will also learn about this visa’s various benefits.
A Definition of a UK Self-Sponsored Visa
Self Sponsored Visa UK allows you to enter the United Kingdom without a job offer. This visa route enables you to establish your own business in the UK, and then you can sponsor yourself to enter the country. This visa route is based on your skills, experience and qualifications. It offers you the commendable freedom and flexibility to obtain employment opportunities in the United Kingdom. With this visa route, it is essential to sponsor yourself if you want to enter the United Kingdom with a Self-Sponsorship visa.
What are the Different Types of UK Self-Sponsorship Visas
In this section, we will discuss the various types of Self-Sponsorship visas. Check out the following section to learn about the types of UK Self-sponsorship visas.
- Tier 1 Investor Visa
The tier 1 Investor Visa is one of the most expensive forms of self-sponsor visa. This visa is basically designed for migrants who can invest a hefty amount in establishing their business in the United Kingdom. However, it requires an enormous amount, some around two million dollars. Once you acquire this visa, you will also be eligible to apply for permanent residency.
- Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa
The government of the United Kingdom has designed this visa route for business professionals who want to expand their existing business in the UK. This type of Self-Sponsor visa requires you to have a certain amount of investment in your hand to create a job offer for yourself. However, this visa route has been replaced currently by a Start-up visa and an Innovator visa.
- Tier 1 Global Talent Visa
This visa route is specifically designed for individuals with a compelling experience in medical science, engineering, humanities, digital technology, arts, etc. This type of self-sponsorship visa route requires sponsorship from a UK employer. This visa route further on also streamlines the path of permanent residency in the United Kingdom.
- Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa
This visa route is specifically designed for graduates from United Kingdom’s top higher educational institutions. If you are one of them and wish to set up your business in the United Kingdom, you can surely go for this visa route. But you must have a durable and profitable business idea that can make your solid presence in the UK and later provide you with a pathway to settle in the United Kingdom.
What are the Specific Requirements of a Self-Sponsored Visa UK?
You must know that the requirements of a Self-Sponsorship visa may vary for each type. However, some specific needs are essential to be fulfilled for every type of visa. Here we are going to mention some of the requirements that are necessary for these visa routes.
- Financial Eligibility: To acquire a self-sponsored visa UK you have to show that you have a certain amount of money in your bank account to invest or set up your own business in the United Kingdom. To understand the financial requirements of the self-sponsorship visa, you can take help from an immigration solicitor in London. They can help you understand the financial eligibility of this unique visa route.
- A Thoughtful Business Idea: If you want to become eligible for a self-sponsorship visa, you must have a thoughtful business idea in your mind. It is essential to propose your business idea in front of the UKVI as proof that you are capable enough to make a robust business presence in the United Kingdom.
- The English Language Test: This requirement applies to almost every type of visa, including self-sponsorship. You need to demonstrate your English speaking, writing and understanding ability to the United Kingdom visa and immigration firm. You need to pass the English language test to clear the route of your visa.
In conclusion, we can say that a self-sponsored UK visa is basically a type of UK visa that enables international migrants to start and expand their own businesses in the United Kingdom. This visa route eliminates the requirement of having a UK employer and a job offer in hand. You can choose any of the above visa routes to enter the United Kingdom according to your qualifications and achievements. However, some complications are also involved with these visa routes that can be resolved with the help of an immigration lawyer.
Also Read –