Citizens of France are now able to apply for an Indian visa online for varying periods of short stay and a variety of different travel purposes. The e-Visa for India is the quickest and most Indian Visa from France convenient way of obtaining an India visa from France.
The process of submitting an India e-Visa application from France only takes a few minutes to complete exclusively online. It can be done entirely online from the comfort of your own home using a device with internet connection.
How long Can a French Citizen Stay in India without a Visa?
Travelers from France cannot visit India without an approved visa. All French passport holders need a visa to travel to India, no matter the purpose of the visit or the length of intended stay.
The e-Visa for India for French nationals is usually issued as a multiple entry visa and is available for either:
- Tourism – Allows French tourists multiple stays of up to 90 days in India per entry, valid for 1 year from issue. Also available as a double-entry visa which allows a stay of up to 30 days.
- Business – Permits a total stay of up to 180 days for business activities such as recruitment, and attending meetings, seminars, or conferences. Valid for 1 year from approval.
- Medical patients – For French citizens seeking treatment in India for a serious medical condition, including heart surgery, neurosurgery, gene therapy, and organ transplants
- Medical companion of a patient – Available for up to 2 companions who wish to accompany a patient receiving medical treatment in India. Not available for minors under the age of 18.
Please note that the medical e-Visas for India from France are triple-entry visas, not multiple entry visas. They permit a consecutive stay of 60 days per entry and are valid for 120 days from the date of issue. The second and third entries to India with a medical e-Visa must be within 60 days of the first.
Is an India e-Visa Obligatory for French Citizens?
The type of visa that a French passport holder will need for India depends on Indian Visa from Chile whether they wish to enjoy a short-term or long-term. The India e-Visa for French citizens is obligatory for short-term stays and the purposes listed above.
The simplified application e-Visa protocol removes the need to wait in long immigration lines at the Indian border to apply for a visa on arrival, as well as the hassle of having to visit a diplomatic mission of India in person to submit supporting documents.
Nevertheless, if you wish to visit India from France for long-term stays or purposes such as to work or study, then it will be necessary to submit a visa application at the embassy of India in Paris.
Document Requirements for the India e-Visa for Nationals of France
All applicants for an online visa for India from France must have the following documents:
- French passport valid for at least 6 months from the intended arrival date in India, containing at least 2 blank pages
- Digital copy of the biographical page of the same passport
- Photograph of the traveler in a digital format, passport-size
Those applying for an Indian business e-Visa or medical e-Visa from France also need to meet additional visa document requirements for French citizens.
Business applicants are required to supply a business card identifying their host company in India, while medical visitors must provide a letter from an Indian hospital or health center where they are to be treated.
How can I apply for an e-Visa for India from France?
There are only a few simple steps to follow to apply for an e-Visa for India from France :
- Fill in the electronic visa form with personal data, passport information, and basic travel details
- Upload the relevant supporting documents in digital format
- Pay the India e-Visa fee using a valid credit or debit card
- Double-check the information supplied is correct in order to avoid unnecessary processing delays or the rejection of the application.
After submitting the application, French citizens can expect to receive the approved e-Visa for India within 24 hours. Nevertheless, you are advised to apply for the visa at least 1 week in advance of your intended arrival in India, as in some cases it may take up to 3 business days for an application to be processed and approved.
How will I receive my India e-Visa for French citizens?
You will receive your approved India e-Visa for French nationals sent by email. For this reason, it is necessary to supply a current email address you frequently check when filling out the online form.
You must then print a copy of the visa for India to present to immigration authorities on arrival. An approved e-Visa for India from France can be used at the following select ports of entry:
Airports: Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Varanasi, Visakhapatnam
Seaports: Chennai, Cochin, Goa, Mangalore, Mumbai
Please note that it is necessary to present the same passport used to complete the online application alongside the e-Visa to gain entry to India. Otherwise, entry may be refused.