The ethnic and cultural diversity of India has made it one of the most popular travel destinations in the world. People are drawn from all over to experience everything India has to offer. Throughout the centuries, the Indian people have developed intellectual and spiritual beliefs in areas such as mathematics, architecture, astronomy, theology, music, literature, and fine arts.
Before traveling to India, Omani nationals, as well as citizens from many countries around the world, are required to obtain the relevant travel documentation to be allowed entry into the country. The Indian government offers an electronic visa system that permits Omani travelers, as one of the 166 eligible nations, to apply for a visa to visit India from the comfort of their homes.
Do Omani Passport Holders Need a Visa for India?
Travelers wishing to visit India must have a valid passport issued from their country of origin, as well as an Indian visa. An India visa for Omani citizens can now be obtained quickly and easily, without the hassle and inconvenience of sending a passport to the Indian Embassy. Travelers can simply apply for an e-Visa online.
Depending on the purpose of the trip, travelers can apply for an India tourist visa, an India business visa, or an India medical visa.
Please note, a medical visa is for medical procedures. Spiritual healing or guidance does not require a special medical visa.
What Documents Do Omani Citizens Need to Get an Indian visa?
The purpose of documentation is to prove the identity of the applicant. India visa requirements for citizens of Oman include:
- A valid passport. Citizens that already have a passport should ensure it is valid and not expired. The passport should have at least two blank pages
- A recent, passport-sized photograph. The photo should be a clear head-shot with a white background and no facial gestures
- A scanned copy of the information page of the passport
- A valid form of payment – Credit/Debit card
- Visitors applying for a business e-visa will need to produce a business card or letter of invitation
- For a medical visa, the applicant must show a letter from the Indian hospital where the procedure is to take place
How Long Does It Take to Get an Indian Visa from Oman?
Processing times generally take two to four days, however, travelers are advised to apply for their eVisa to India from Oman at least 5 days before departure.
There are occasions where more documentation may be required in order to process the visa application correctly. There are also times when it can take longer to receive the approved Indian visa for Omani citizens via email. Applicants will be contacted in these cases so that they are aware of the status of their visa application.
How Can Omani Citizens Apply for an Indian Visa?
Acquiring an India visa from Oman no longer requires a trip to the Indian embassy. Travelers can apply for and receive an e-visa electronically from the comfort of their homes. All that is needed, in addition to scanned copies of the required documentation, is a computer or smartphone, and an internet connection.
The application consists of 3 easy steps and only takes about 20 minutes.
2. Pay the government fees with a major credit or debit card
3. Download and print the Indian e-visa. This document must be presented to the immigration authorities at the time of arrival