Connecting a Samsung printer to a Wi-Fi network is a simple process that can be completed within a few minutes. If you have recently purchased a Samsung printer and want to connect it to a wireless network, this article will guide you through the necessary steps. If you want to how to remove printer ink from your hands then check this post.
Before starting, make sure that you have the following:
- A wireless network with a stable internet connection
- With Wi-Fi capability
- The latest Samsung printer driver software installed on your computer
Now, let’s get started:
Step 1: Power on the Printer
The first step is to turn on your Samsung printer and ensure that it is in a ready state. Connect the printer to a power source and turn it on by pressing the power button.
Step 2: Connect the printer to Wi-Fi
To connect it to Wi-Fi, you need to navigate to the printer’s wireless network settings. You can access the wireless network settings on your Samsung printer by pressing the Menu button on the printer’s control panel.
Step 3: Choose the Wi-Fi network
Select the “Wireless” or “Network” option from the printer’s menu and choose the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to. The printer will then scan for available Wi-Fi networks and display a list of networks that are within range. Choose the network that you want to connect to and enter the password for the network.
Step 4: Enter Wi-Fi password
Once you have selected the Wi-Fi network, you will be prompted to enter the network password. Enter the password using the printer’s control panel and press the OK or Enter button to confirm the password.
Step 5: Verify connection
After entering the Wi-Fi password, your Samsung printer will attempt to connect to the network. Once the connection is established, your printer will display a message indicating that it is connected to the network. You can also print a test page to confirm that the printer is connected to the network.
Step 6: Install the printer driver software
The final step is to install the printer driver software on your computer. This software allows your computer to communicate with the Samsung printer and enables you to print documents wirelessly. You can download the latest Samsung printer driver software from the Samsung website or use the installation disc that came with your printer.
Follow the on-screen instructions to install the printer driver software on your computer. During the installation process, make sure to choose the “Wireless” or “Wi-Fi” option when prompted to select the printer connection type. Once the software is installed, your Samsung printer will be ready to use wirelessly.
Samsung printers are designed to be user-friendly and easy to connect to Wi-Fi. The following steps will guide you on how to connect a Samsung printer to Wi-Fi:
Check your Wi-Fi network:
- Before you start connecting your Samsung printer to Wi-Fi, make sure that your Wi-Fi network is up and running. Check to see if other devices can connect to the network successfully. If you have any issues with your Wi-Fi network, you need to address them before proceeding to connect your Samsung printer to Wi-Fi.
Power on your Samsung printer:
- Make sure that your Samsung printer is powered on and ready for use. Connect the printer to a power source and switch it on. The printer will take a few seconds to warm up and initialize.
Press the WPS button:
- Most Samsung printers come with a Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button that you can use to connect the printer to Wi-Fi. Locate the WPS button on your printer and press it. Hold down the button until the Wi-Fi light on the printer starts flashing.
Activate WPS on your router:
- To complete the connection process, you need to activate WPS on your Wi-Fi router. Press the WPS button on your router to activate the feature. Wait for a few seconds for the router to detect the Samsung printer and establish a connection.
Test the connection:
- Once you have successfully connected it to Wi-Fi, you need to test the connection to ensure that it is working correctly. Print a test page from your computer or any device connected to the Wi-Fi network to verify that the printer is working correctly.
Set up the printer on your device:
- To start using it, you need to set it up on your device. Download the printer driver software from the Samsung website and install it on your device. The software will guide you through the setup process and help you connect to the printer wirelessly.
Connecting a Samsung printer to Wi-Fi is a simple and straightforward process. Ensure that your Wi-Fi network is working correctly, power on your Samsung printer, press the WPS button, activate WPS on your router, test the connection, and set up the printer on your device. By following these steps, you can enjoy wireless printing from your Samsung printer without any hassle.